Cuts and Shaves Barber Shop

Cuts and Shaves Barber Shop
1050 Broadway in Chesterton, Indiana 46304

Monday, May 9, 2011

My new favorite Dino


There are many famous Dino's out there; Dino from the Flintstones, Dino Bruni (Italian cyclist), Dino Cicarrelli (former NHL player), and who can forget Dino Merlin (popular singer from Bosnia and Herzegovina).  You can have all those great Dino's, my new favorite Dino is incoming Valparaiso University Freshman Dino Jakolis.  From LaLumeire Prep School in LaPorte, Indiana the 6'7'' Jakolis comes in ranked 87th at his position by ESPN.  Jakolis took a few minutes to answer some questions for me.

HC: Dino, what sold you on Valpo? 
Dino: The coaches are great people who understand players and are willing to help them every moment.
HC: What other schools were recruiting you?
Dino: Northwestern, Marquette, La Salle, UIC and Duquesne.
HC: What do you think will be the toughest adjustment from playing at LaLumeire to playing at a D1?
Dino: I do not think that there should be any major problems. Just some minor corrections here and there and I will be set.
HC:  Who is your favorite Dino, Dino Raja, Dino from the Flintstones, or a different Dino?
Dino: Dino Raja and Dino from the Flintstones. The first Dino is great inspiration and the second one was the one I used to watch a lot when I was younger.
HC: What role do you expect to fill for the Crusaders your freshman year?
Dino: My expection is that I will play as guard. Guards penetrate, shoot and assist. Exactly what I like to do.
HC: Valpo is a bit undersized, are you concerned about potentially having to match up with some of the bigger guys in the Horizon League?
Dino: There is always a threat from big guys, but as long as I block them out, it shouldn't be a problem guarding big guys.
HC: According to ESPN, you have pretty good range and a nice pull up jump shot. They also note you are a pretty good ball handler for such a big guy. What part of your game will you work to improve on this Summer?
Dino: I will mostly work on shooting and ball handling. I believe that these two components are the keys. You always make a basket with your shot, either lay up or pull up jump shot, so why not add some extra effort.
HC: Do you have any pregame rituals/superstitions?
Dino: Not really. I have never bothered with that.
HC: What do you ultimately hope to achieve during your 4 years of playing at Valpo (personally, as a team, on/off the court)?
Dino: I would like to continue growing as a stable person, make connections with people, learn as much as I can about my studies and lastly, get basketball level to the higher stage.

Thank you Dino for taking the time out to answer these questions for me and the VU fans.  We are anxiously waiting to see you and the rest of the 2011-2012 Crusaders take to the court.  As always, if you'd like an email alert when a new post is made be sure to put your email address in the space provided above this post and click submit!

No comments:

Post a Comment