Cuts and Shaves Barber Shop

Cuts and Shaves Barber Shop
1050 Broadway in Chesterton, Indiana 46304

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Let the debate begin!


Now that the 2011-2012 college basketball season is upon us the litany of rankings and predictions will becoming to a sports outlet near you. We did our predictions back in July. The latest ESPN the magazine tackles the prospect of ranking every single D1 basketball team (Monday nights foe, Arizona, is ranked 16th). They used a model created by Dan Hanner who is a contributor to RealGM.com and ranks categories such as returning players, incoming players, injured players, development of players, and ability of coaches. Now if that doesn't create a multitude of human and computer driven error I don't know what will, but I thought I would share how they envision the Horizon League turning out.
10. UIC
9. YSU
8. WSU
7. UWGB
6. VU
5. Loyola
4. UWM
3. CSU
2. Detroit
1. Butler
For those of us who follow the Horizon League closely Loyola's 5th place finish should make you do a double take (I did a quadruple take). The only thing I can figure out with that prediction is that someone forgot that Payne and Hill have to serve their one year transfer obligation. This is a team that has a hard time staying healthy and has already lost their PG for the season. Then again all sports writers make a living off of making predictions that don't turn out right. I should know, I'm a trained meteorologist after all...

Some bread crumbs around college basketball:
This year could be one of the best seasons in years because the NBA lockout scared the top players back to school... North Carolina is the strong consensus #1 team in the Nation and is my pick to be the team at the end of the "One Shining Moment" reel at the end of the tournament... Pay for play seems to be picking up steam and it appears that college athletes will be making money to play which is the right thing to do in my opinion... With college basketball action beginning Monday the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic will have even more meaning to the Crusaders because of the Drew's recent cancer announcement... Speaking of Homer and his wife, I want to wish them all the best... My mantle is ready for basketball season with my Homer bobble head (and two Valpo diplomas)!

No comments:

Post a Comment